See Your Investment at Work
For over a decade now, The Cotton Board Producer Tour Program has given thousands of cotton producers the opportunity to see their assessment dollars at work inside Cotton Incorporated's World Headquarters and Research Facility in Cary, North Carolina.
This unique program allows attendees to spend a day listening to key Cotton Incorporated staff explain research and developments in their specialized area of work, as well as visiting the innovative laboratories located inside the research facility. The second day is spent at a local textile mill to see cotton being processed and manufactured into a commercial product.
Tour participants will visit the following areas in the World Headquarters building:
- Fiber Processing Laboratory - A full-scale, state of the art yarn-processing pilot facility.
- Dyeing and Finishing Laboratory - A laboratory that utilizes the latest dyeing equipment to conduct innovative research in areas such as color washdown, process optimization and product evaluation.
- Finishing Research/Analytical Laboratory - A facility that explores new finishes and innovative methods for textile application.
- Product Evaluation Laboratories - A unique research laboratory that conducts ongoing research and measurement studies of cotton.
- Product Development Laboratory - A well-equipped research facility, capable of producing a wide range of ready-to-wear knit garments, that creates new fabric ideas for apparel and home products that are showcased to brands and retailers worldwide.
*If you have questions about The Cotton Board/Cotton Incorporated Producer Tour Program or would like to attend a future tour, please contact The Cotton Board at (901)683-2500 or our Regional Communication Managers.
Tour Participant Comments
"Just wanted to take a moment and tell you how much I enjoyed being a part of the tour. I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to participate. Thank you so much for such an informative tour and being a part of an amazing group that truly loves the cotton industry."
"I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the tour. It was a great opportunity to learn more about the cotton industry as well as meet others who are passionate about the promotion of cotton and agriculture."
"Everything was great. The location, meal selection, hotel, Cotton INC, Cotton Board staff and the sponsors were the BEST."